Luxembourg is about to add the missing piece to its legislative framework to enable the issuance of crypto-securities using decentralised ledger technology (“DLT”).
In this podcast, Natacha Oskian is joined by Philippe Noeltner, a lawyer and associate who is part of Allen & Overy’s Luxembourg International Capital Markets team, to discuss the following:
- the objectives of Bill 7637 concerning the issuance of dematerialised securities on DLT devices, such as blockchain and Ethereum;
- the importance of Bill 7637 for Luxembourg Capital Markets ecosystem and how this Bill may lead to a new era for crypto-securities in Luxembourg;
- the use of DLT-based wallets to operate an issuer’s issuance account, and investors’ securities accounts;
- how both legal certainty and investor protection are ensured; and
- grey areas and opportunities.